Cultivating the Future of the Planet
GLOBALG.A.P. is the internationally recognized standard for farm production. Our core product is the result of years of intensive research and collaboration with industry experts, producers and retailers around the globe. Our goal is safe and sustainable agricultural production to benefit farmers, retailers and consumers throughout the world.
GLOBALG.A.P. Certification covers:
- Food safety and traceability
- Environment (including biodiversity)
- Workers’ health, safety and welfare
- Animal welfare
- Includes Integrated Crop Management (ICM), Integrated Pest Control (IPC),
Quality Management System (QMS), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Our standard demands, among other things, greater efficiency in production. It improves business performance and reduces waste of vital resources. It also requires a general approach to farming that builds in best practices for generations to come.
A Modular Approach to Integrated Farm Assurance
The GLOBALG.A.P. Certificate, also known as the Integrated Farm Assurance Standard (IFA), covers all agriculture, aquaculture, livestock and horticulture production. It also covers additional aspects of the food production and supply chain such as Chain of Custody and Compound Feed Manufacturing.
The IFA is revised every four years in an extensive stakeholder involvement and consultation process. Following the last revision in 2015, the Integrated Farm Assurance Certificate is now in its fifth version.
The GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Standard V5 is built on a system of modules that enables producers to get certified for several sub-scopes in one audit. It consists of:
General Regulations: These map out the criteria for successful CPCC
implementation as well as set guidelines for the verification and the regulation of the standard.
- Control Points and Compliance Criteria (CPCCs): These clearly define the requirements for achieving the quality standard required by GLOBALG.A.P.
The Control Points and Compliance Criteria (CPCCs) are also modular-based consisting of:
- The All Farm Base Module: This is the foundation of all standards, and consists of all the requirements that all producers must first comply with to gain certification.
- The Scope Module: This defines clear criteria based on the different food production sectors. GLOBALG.A.P. covers 3 scopes: Crops, Livestock and Aquaculture.
- The Sub-scope Module: These CPCCs cover all the requirements for a particular product or different aspect of the food production and supply chain.
So to get certified, producers must comply with all the CPCCs relevant for their sub-scope. For example, a strawberry grower must comply with the All Farm Base CPCCs, the Crops Standard CPCCs and the Fruit & Vegetables CPCCs to receive a GLOBALG.A.P. Fruit & Vegetables Standard Certificate.
GLOBALG.A.P. also provides checklists for each module to help producers better prepare their farms and make the necessary changes before a certification body inspector performs an audit or inspection.
Option 1 (Single producer with or without an optional Quality Management System)
Option 2 (Multiple producers with a mandatory Quality Management System)