The GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard
The GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard sets criteria for legal compliance, for food safety,
worker occupational health and safety, animal welfare, and environmental and ecological care.
The GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard applies to a diversity of fish, crustaceans and molluscs and extends to all hatchery-based farmed species, as well as the passive collection of seedlings in the planktonic phase. It covers the entire production chain, from broodstock, seedlings and feed suppliers to farming, harvesting and processing.
Aquaculture producers are also required to source the compound feed used at the aquatic farming and hatchery levels from reliable suppliers. The GLOBALG.A.P. Compound Feed Standard helps aquaculture producers find GLOBALG.A.P. certified compound feed manufacturers. Find a list of CFM-certified compound feed manufacturing companies here.
The GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody Standard gives aquaculture producers a high level of transparency and integrity by identifying the status of your product throughout the entire production and supply chain, from farm to retailer. For added value, read more about the GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody Standard here.
A Guide to Our Documents
- The GLOBALG.A.P. Checklist is the document you need to complete your self-assessment.
- The Control Points and Compliance Criteria (CPCC) document lists everything the standard you are applying for covers, and gives you addtional guidelines to fulfill the requirements.
- The General Regulations document defines how the certification process works and lists the requirements for quality management systems and related issues.
- The National Interpretation Guideline (NIG) clarifies how the CPCC have been adapted in a specific country. Please check if there is a NIG for your country. If yes, you are required to use it.
a certification body
Start your certification process today!
- Aquaculture Booklet (3MB)