The GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard
The GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard applies to a diversity of fish, crustaceans and molluscs and extends to all hatchery-based farmed species, as well as the passive collection of seedlings in the planktonic phase.
The standard covers the entire production chain, from broodstock, seedlings and feed suppliers to farming, harvesting, processing and post-harvest handling operations. It serves as a practical manual for any aquaculture producer, ensuring food safety, minimal environmental impact and compliance with animal welfare and worker health and safety requirements.
The GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard sets specific criteria for:
- Site Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Fish Welfare, Management and Husbandry
- Sampling and Testing
- Feed Management
- Pest Control
- Environmental and Biodiversity Management
- Water Usage and Disposal
- Post-Harvest – Mass Balance and Traceability
- Post-Harvest – Operations
- Social Criteria
Aquaculture producers are also required to source the compound feed used at the aquatic farming and hatchery levels from reliable suppliers. The GLOBALG.A.P. Compound Feed Standard helps aquaculture producers find GLOBALG.A.P. certified compound feed manufacturers. Find a list of CFM-certified compound feed manufacturing companies here.
The GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody Standard gives aquaculture producers a high level of transparency and integrity by identifying the status of your product throughout the entire production and supply chain, from farm to retailer. For added value, read more about the GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody Standard here.
Get Certified for the GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard
- Download the GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard Documents and Checklists from the related link
- Contact the certification bodies in your country, compare their offers and then ask for a
registration application from the one you choose. You’ll find a full list of relevant certification
bodies linked below.
- Carry out a self-assessment using the checklist and correct all the points you don’t comply
with. Here a GLOBALG.A.P. Farm Assurer can provide you with valuable assistance during your audit
preparation. You’ll find a full list of relevant farm assurers linked below.
- Arrange an appointment with your certification body for a first inspection. A GLOBALG.A.P.
inspector will then conduct the on-site inspection.
- Once you successfully comply with the standard’s requirements, you will receive a GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Standard certificate.
Download our Aquaculture booklet.